Our team regularly advise international and local clients on corporate, commercial and litigation matters under both statutory law and Production Sharing Agreements as well as Host Governmental Agreements. There are major international and Azerbaijani oil and gas companies, leading engineering and construction companies amongst our clients. We also have been advising a major international oil company in connection with transfer of participation interest within a Production Sharing Agreement, including regulatory requirements and full due diligence of company’s activity in Azerbaijan.
We assisted on the following within this industry:
- full sell side due diligence of a major oil and gas subcontractor operating under Production Sharing Agreement;
- advising a contractor on a deal in connection with transfer of participation interest within a Production Sharing Agreement and Joint Operation Agreement, including full legal due diligence;
- advising several multinational as well as local companies in connection with joint-venture projects, including preparation shareholding documents, assistance with registration matters as well as general legal support during start up process (i.e. contracts, migration, employment etc.);
- general advice on mandatory requirements of statutory law, Production Sharing Agreements and Host Governmental Agreement in connection with upstream and midstream activity;
- general advice on employment (including employment related disputes) and migration as well as tax and customs related matters;
- assistance with compliance with licensing requirements.